Monday, January 7, 2008

Looks can be deceiving

My cousin is coming over today! I cannot wait to show him my new PSP, it will blow him away, I just know it. As soon as he arrived I took him to get the formalities of saying hello to my mom over and done with as quickly as I could. My mom chose this day, of all days, to start giving him advice on how to treat his parents, sisters, and how important school really is plus how important it is to respect women (she was watching Oprah earlier that day). That took about 40 minutes of my life I will never get back. As soon as I heard one of her 2 second silences when my mom would shift from one topic to another I tried to seize the moment and pull my cousin to my room to show him the PSP with full volume and no distractions. I failed for the first couple of tries but succeeded in the third try.

"The PSP will surely bring my cousin back to gaming" I thought to myself. I sat him down on the chair in my room which faced the wall completely opposite to the door making his back face the door. I took out the PSP from the cupboard and walked to my cousin while switching the PSP on. I bent over to give him a better view of the magnificent widescreen of the PSP. He was impressed by the demonstration and I felt satisfied that I have, if anything, made him jealous that he does not own a PSP while I do. As I was getting up from my bent over position. My dad walked into the room. I am not sure what it was but I was certain he was angry at something. He told me to follow him to his room upstairs.

I walked up the set of stairs which seemed to have multiplied and made the journey much longer. I kept wandering what he might have found that would make him this angry at me. Could it be!? did he learn how to use my external hard drives!? now I was walking faster in order to keep such thoughts away from my head. I went in to his room and found my dad sitting behind the office table with his hands crossed. He nodded at one of the two chairs in front of the office table clearly giving me permission to sit on it. I sat and waited for him to say something.

"What were you doing in your room all alone with your cousin?"

"I was blowing him away-" couldn't finish the sentence before he interrupted me.

"You what!?" He said after his veins grew redder and began thumping very visibly.

"-with my PSP..."

"So you were not doing anything ... wrong?"

"I cannot beleive you would think of me that way dad. May god forgive you for that."

"I see... Okay you may leave."

No comments: